Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pentagon City as Bus Terminal

I go through Pentagon City Mall almost every day to get to work. Has anyone ever noticed how sometimes it's used as a schoolkid and tourist bus depository?

I'd like to point out a few things

Fashion: I think the "hey, I'm a tourist" ID lanyards are always great "come mug me" signs. But I'm especially appalled by the teens/tweens on class trips and the way they dress with their pants around their ankles or unflatteringly tight (both male and female). I make this comment because I saw a teen dressed like this wearing a pro-life sticker and really supporting the cause with his REALLY tight pants. I had to laugh, and that's no way to earn respect for a cause. What about showing respect for where you come from and who you represent? Has this virtue gone by the wayside?

Brookstone: I've never seen people get so excited about a $3,000 massage chair. There's always a line and inappropriate comments.

Escalator etiquette: I don't expect people to stand to the left (that's reserved for METRO), but you'd think they know how to get on and off an escalator. WALK ON or WALK AWAY from it when getting on and off, standing there only creates problems for the people behind you.

With all that said, I do think, as a mall, it's not too bad. Their Macy's is good and Nordstrom is bonus. They also seem to be going upscale. I once read that it was one of the highest revenue per square foot in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment