Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I liked cupcakes before they were trendy - Favorite Dessert Places

Dessert is a meal unto itself, and I enjoy this meal the most. Despite the dearth of Italian restaurants (see a few posts back), in consolation, our area does have some very good places to get something sweet. Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Buzz on Slaters (Alexandria)- I was impressed with their cupcakes, service, and drink selection

Georgetown Cupcake (DC) - The cream cheese icing is incredible and their cake is fluffy. I think their cupcakes are the best deal in DC. Their line can be long, so call ahead.

Harris Teeter - Their store baked chocolate chip cookies are great, better than any bakery that I've been to. Try their gourmet sized ones.

Wegman's (Fairfax/Woodbridge) - They have a huge selection, just drive out there and try something. Their fruit tart is particularly good. Yes it's a long way to go for some of us, but Wegman's worth a pilgrimage.

Waaaaah? No Cakelove? Funny you should ask. I think Cakelove is overrated but adequate. CL's cake is blah, though I like their chocolate ganache.

1 comment:

  1. Harris Teeter does have really good cake. Yum, I'm drooling just thinking about it. Best Buns also has awesome cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete