Monday, January 19, 2009

My Favorite Roads

I think many people here in the DC Metro area try to avoid traffic. Well, I have a few favorite roads that I can always count on to be less traffic-filled or more enjoyable than others.

1. George Mason Drive (Bailey's Crossroads/Arlington) - From South to North, I find George Mason Dr to be smooth all the time. Sometimes you need to be careful about the on street parking. I think he lights are just about the right space apart too. Even at the peak of rush hour, it's not to bad.

2. Columbia Pike (Arlington) - For years I'd take this road to and from work, whether on bus or by car, I could always count on a relatively easy commute (Glebe Road intersection not withstanding).

3. Ohio Drive (DC) - Not that this road goes anywhere but along the Tidal Basin in DC, but it's never that crowded and is a good place to park to visit the monuments. It's also easy to get to on from the Memorial bridge.

4. Russell Road (Alexandria) - Sometimes I want to avoid King St west of Old Town, so I take Russell to get there. It takes you through some nice neighborhoods, just be mindful of residential speed limits!

Thanks for your visitations and viewership!

No comments:

Post a Comment