Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pilgrims to the Circle

Every time I go to Costco in Pentagon City or Target in Crystal City I can't help but notice the number of DC license plates. I notice this in Shirlington Village and Pentagon City Harris Teeters too. Sometimes I wish for a VA only shopping day, but I guess that would mean higher taxes for Commonwealth shoppers.

I find this interesting because I have many friends who live in the District and speak of Northern VA as a foreign country, yet so many get in their cars to shop here. I think it's somewhat hypocritical, but, hey, whatever floats your boat. I say shop local or you'll never get the gold paved aisles similar to those of Alexandria and Arlington.

Admittedly, I go to DC to shop, eat, and be a tourist on occasion. So, touché, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment