Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration!

Did anyone else make the trek into DC today for the Inauguration?

I did and although I my hands and feet were quite cold at times, it was worth it.

I tried to outwit other Inauguration-goers by taking advantage of the fact that I-395 North was closed and I parked at Pentagon City (my route involved Army/Navy Drive). I then walked through the tunnel to the Pentagon and along the footpath on Washington Blvd to the Memorial Bridge. It was simple and took a total of 45 minutes. I left home at 7:45 am and arrived at the Lincoln Memorial at 8:30ish. Not bad at all.

I walked up to the World War II Memorial where I had plenty of room and was in front of 2 jumbo-trons.

Leaving the Mall was a bit slower, but still quite quick considering how many people were there. I was home by about 1:45 pm.

Regardless of your politics and who you voted for, I think it was an amazing experience and I am so glad I was able to participate with 2 million of my closest friends.

If anyone else was there, please share your experience. I will post a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment