Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Falls Church 1, Arlington 0?

 I was reading my Google News feed and found this story about Falls Church and why it's better than Arlington.  I'm not sure I totally agree, but it's interesting.  I see Falls Church sort of as a walled city in the midst of a bunch of communes.  There are positive and negatives to living within the walls and on the other side of the "moat".  As an other side of the moat dweller who cannot afford at the moment to live in a single family detached dwelling in Falls Church or Arlington, I sure would be nice to see some affordable housing in both places.  However,  I expect that the Falls Church and Arlington Residents would like to keep it that way (i.e. maintaining  almost unaffordably high property values).

Nonetheless, I think the schools in each of these areas are only part of the equation to a child's success.  Doesn't have to do with parents who care about educating their children OUTSIDE the classroom.  Thankfully, in the DC Metro, there's plenty of culture to help in this.

OPINION: Arlington Is a Very Nice Place – But I Don’t Want to Live There

No comments:

Post a Comment