Monday, February 8, 2010

Snaux Pas #2

When it comes to bad weather, here at Shirlington Circle, we like to highlight (with a fair bit of sarcasm) some fun.  No one likes it when people leave a mess for others to clean up.   I don't know these people, but I took a few pictures while walking around the block.  So here are some pictures, both good and bad.

 Yeah! A plow.

Saving a spot...not very nice, and not allowed.

 
Different folks getting more elaborate, with a full chair.
If you move, it's not your spot any longer...right?



 This person gets 1st Prize.  At least they parked a Vehicle in the space.
A+ for innovation.
My wife is 7 months pregnant, can I reserve a spot?
 It looks like the person had enough energy to clear their spot.

 
PEOPLE WITH PETS:  Your neighbors don't want to step in your dog's excrement.
Clean it up, especially when the sidewalks are barely passable.
This pile looks like it's from a little ankle biter.

 
 Really,  I don't think there's any trash pick-up today.
Leaving it outside will invite every rodent in the village to eat at Joe's porch.

These photos are meant to be light-hearted (with some truth).   We're not singling out people, just portraying what two feet of snow does to a neighborhood.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, people who don't clean-up after their dogs is universal. I saw a young woman walking two dogs, a large and a tiny dog. I watched the tiny dog do its business on the sidewalk by the SV condos. I could tell she had baggies, so I thought, oh good she will pick it up. But no, she just walked on. I've heard that some of the professional dog walkers are very notorious for not picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live up the hill in Fairlington, and I rarely see dog poop. However, Shirlington is another matter. It's disgusting, and it's all over the village. Hey folks, this isn't Paris. It's Arlington county. Get with the program.

    ReplyDelete